Which Kit for my Bike?
- WHERE is it going to be installed on the Motorcycle?.
- HOW will it attach to that location?.
Where...when considering "Where" avoid locations that could involve the TUTORO from coming into contact with moving parts - such as the swing-arm and chain guard.Also choose a location that is not going to become hot such as near an exhaust header pipe - a classic example is the rear cylinder exhaust on a "V" Twin such as KTM 1190.
- 1. Use the Multi Fit Bracket Set included with all the Kits by attaching the ‘Foot’ section onto a FLAT piece of the bike’s frame and then using the other multi fit bracket pieces (dog leg and/or right angle) to facilitate positioning the reservoir into an upright position.
- Bracket sets should not be used on narrow round bar sections, ideally not less than 30mm in diameter. Jubilee clips (Worm drive hose clamps) can be used instead of cable ties to get a really firm mounting.
- 2. If your bike only has round frame sections then buy an appropriately sized rubber lined P Clip to fit around the frame and then use the dog leg and/or the right angle pieces from the multi fit bracket set to facilitate positioning the reservoir into an upright position.
- 3. If your bike has an existing bolt hole in a suitable position, you can fix the Pro Fix bolt bracket to it and then either attach the reservoir directly to the other end or use the dog leg and or the right angle pieces from the multi fit bracket set to facilitate positioning the reservoir into an upright position.
- The TUTORO Auto needs to be installed rigidly in an upright position when the bike is on its centre stand and no more than 12° from upright when on the side stand.
- When installing the TUTORO Auto you need to ensure that it’s not going to get hit from below by the swing arm.
- Install the oiler and delivery hose well away from any heat sources.
- The TUTORO Auto is 100mm tall and 45mm in diameter, its capacity is approx. 45ml of oil. So leave yourself enough room above the oiler to remove the cap for refills.
- V Twin owners- beware of siting the oiler or the oil delivery hose near the rear cylinder exhaust pipe - there is a vast amount of heat emitted from the rear header pipe which can over time induce long term thermal stresses to the oiler components, we have even seen the clear acrylic reservoir melt! (albeit only in extreme cases). More commonly the heat thins the oil in the reservoir and makes flow control difficult.